PHOTOGRAPHY HIKE AT PEDESTAL ROCK & DISTILLERY
Join us on a trip to the beautiful Pedestal Rocks state park. The day will be filled with valuable information on outdoor photography, and hiking! You don't need to be an expert to come on this trip, even a camera phone will do. On this introduction trip you will learn; basic camera functions, what makes a good photo, exposure, contrast, and how to find the perfect lighting. Our expert for this trip will be Sam Starr. Sam is an incredibly photographer from the area that specializes in outdoor scenery. You can check out some of his pictures from one of our previous trip - Here!
We will hike around 2.2 miles in total, viewing and photographing the beautiful rock formations and spectacular overlooks. Pedestal Rocks is best known for its unique rock formations that are shaped as “mushrooms”. These formations were formed over centuries of water and wind erosion and have sculpted numerous small caves and shelters into the bluff. Here you get to learn about the Ozarks geologic history firsthand. The sunlight should be amazing at this time of the year and will allow us to capture some amazing shots. After the hike we will head to a local distillery to review our pictures from the day over some drinks. This will be a great way to continue experiencing the outdoor scenery while checking out the best photos of the day.
INCLUDES: TRANSPORTATION AND EXPERT GUIDE/PHOTOGRAPHER
- ANYONE INTERESTED IN NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY - DON'T NEED ANY PREVIOUS PHOTOGRAPHY KNOWLEDGE
- BEGINNER HIKERS UP FOR A CHALLENGE
- EXPERIENCED AND INTERMEDIATE HIKERS LOOKING FOR ACQUIRING A NEW SKILL
Pick up location
- SPRINGFIELD: 5 POUND APPAREL AT FARMER'S PARK (2144 E REPUBLIC RD, SPRINGFIELD, MO 65804) PICK UP TIME: 7:30 AM
- BRANSON: STARBUCKS AT TARGET OFF HWY 65 (200 OZARK SCENIC DR, BRANSON, MO 65616) PICK UP TIME: 8:15 AM